[Barrelfish-users] Building barrellfish

Achermann Reto reto.achermann at inf.ethz.ch
Sat Mar 16 08:50:08 CET 2019

Hi Jonathan,

Please keep in mind, that we support building Barrelfish on the latest Ubuntu LTS. Other platforms may work too, however we cannot provide support for those.

Having said that you might be successful by using the Windows Subsystem for Linux. Install the Ubuntu version from the store.
Debian might work just like Ubuntu (as Ubuntu is based on Debian)

Otherwise: Create a docker image (e.g. https://hub.docker.com/r/achreto/barrelfish-ci) . Internally, we've successfully built Barrelfish inside a docker container running on MacOS.  Please note, we do not provide support on how to build your container image or use containers to build Barrelfish.

-- Reto

--
Reto Achermann
PhD Student, ETH Zurich