[Equal] Request on surveys to determine the frequency of sexual harassment in universities

Katharina von Salis vonsalis at pop.mydiax.ch
Tue Feb 18 11:08:29 CET 2003

liebe equals,
hier ein Aufruf via die eq-uni-Liste, "forwarded by Johanna Pakkanen
johanna.pakkanen at helsinki.fi"
- die Eine oder der Andere wird da helfen koennen.
Have a nice day
Katharina von Salis

Subject: Request on surveys to determine the frequency of sexual harassment in
Universities
Dear member of the eq-uni list,

In  the year 2000  the Committee for Equal Rights  at  the University
of Iceland submitted  a plan outlining guidelines and listing recourses for
victims of sexual harassment. The Equal Rights Committee has the task of
ensuring that these guidelines be observed.

The resolution of the University Council of June 16, 1998 on actions to
prevent and address sexual harassment within the University of Iceland
contains the following passage: "Sexual harassment will not be tolerated in
the  University of Iceland, neither among students nor employees (...)
anyone who  may be subjected to such harassment shall be entitled to seek
the help of specialized parties who shall seek ways of obtaining redress
for those who have been subject to such harassment."

Currently a special working group is preparing a survey to determine the
frequency of sexual harassment at our university among staff and students.
For this work I'm now in the process of gathering information on
policies on sexual harrassment in higher education and specially on surveys
done in that field.

If you can send me any information pertaining to this issue from your
institution
I would be very greateful.

With kind regards,

Rósa Erlingsdóttir