[Equal] IFUW International Awards
equal at sl.ethz.ch
Fri Jul 13 10:32:36 MEST 2007
Please find the call for applications for awards from the Intl. Federation of University Women below.
Luzia Lehmann, Dr. Phil.I (luzia.lehmann at sl.ethz.ch)
Carla Zingg, dipl.ing.ETH (carla.zingg at sl.ethz.ch)
Stelle für Chancengleichheit von Frau und Mann / Office of Equal Opportunities for Women and Men
ETH Zürich, HG F 50.5, CH-8092 Zürich
Tel. +41 (0) 44 632 6026
mail: equal at sl.ethz.ch
IFUW International Awards
The International Federation of University Women offers a limited number of international fellowships and grants to women graduates for postgraduate research, study and training.
The current competition is offering awards for research, study or training to be undertaken during the period 1 May 2008 through 31 December 2009.
Who can apply?
* IFUW fellowships and grants are open only to women graduates who are members of IFUW's national federations and associations <http://www.ifuw.org/nfas/index.htm> and to IFUW International Members <http://www.ifuw.org/join/international.htm> .
* Students in any branch of learning may apply.
* Fellowships are offered for the second and subsequent years of a doctoral programme and for post-doctoral studies. First year doctoral students do not qualify.
* Grants are offered for any postgraduate programme.
* The awards may be used in any country other than the one in which the applicant was educated or habitually resides.
When is the application deadline?
* The deadline for members of IFUW national federations and associations varies by country, but normally falls between 1 September 2007 and mid-October 2007. Please ask your national headquarters for the exact deadline.
* The deadline for IFUW International Members is 1 October 2007.
What are the other
* Fellowships are for 8 to 12 months of work. They are intended to enhance the original research or scholarship on which a postgraduate applicant is already engaged. First year doctoral students and applicants just beginning their research are not eligible.
* Grants are for a minimum of 2 months of work. They are awarded for specialized training, independent research, or to assist in the completion of a postgraduate degree.
* IFUW Recognition Awards are for a minimum of 2 months of work.
* Certain awards carry additional restrictions. The British Federation Crosby Hall Fellowship and the Marjorie Shaw International Fellowship are reserved for women whose study or research will take place in Great Britain. The Dorothy Leet Grants are reserved for women graduates from countries with a comparatively low per capita income and for those who either wish to work as experts in these countries or whose research is of value to such countries.
* All candidates must have obtained admission to the proposed place of study or research prior to applying to IFUW's competition.
* No assistance is given for attending conferences or for direct family support.
* The awards are not renewable.
What size are the awards?
* The awards offered vary. Normally 16 to 25 fellowships and grants are offered in each competition.
* Fellowships are the equivalent of 8,000 to 10,000 Swiss francs.
* Grants are from 3,000 to 6,000 Swiss francs.
* IFUW Recognition Awards are 1,000 Swiss francs.
What are the selection criteria?
* Motivation for research, study or training
* Originality and feasibility of proposed plan of research,study or training
* Extent to which the specialized knowledge and skills to be acquired will benefit women and girls
* Extent to which the specialized knowledge and skills to be acquired will further the applicant's career
* Planned work or activity after completion of the research, study or training
Instructions and application form are available at:
International Federation of University Women
10 rue du Lac, CH-1207 Geneva, Switzerland
Tel: (41.22) 731 23 80 Fax: (41.22) 738 04 40
E-mail: info at ifuw.org <mailto:info at ifuw.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the equal