[Equal] ERC Starting Grant: Information Event for Female Researchers│September 2, 2010, 4-6 pm

EqualOpportunity (SL) equal at sl.ethz.ch
Wed Aug 18 10:32:02 MEST 2010

Dear women in research

This year’s EU FP7 ERC Starting Grant call for proposals is open!

It is with great pleasure that we invite all interested female researchers to our

Information Event on ERC Starting Grants on September 2nd 2010, 4-6 pm,

University of Zurich, Main Building, KO2 F152, Rämistrasse 71 , Zurich

During this event you can learn all about this prestigious European Grant, which aims to support up-and-coming research leaders who are about to establish or consolidate a proper research team and to start conducting independent research in Europe. In case of success, funding up to € 2.0 M per grant (normally up to € 1.5 M per grant) for a duration of 5 years can be expected. Projects in all fields of research are eligible. The principal investigator must have been awarded his/her first PhD at least 2 and up to 12 years prior to the publication date of the call for proposals of the ERC Starting Grant.

Judith Zbinden (NCP ERC, Euresearch Head Office) and Regina Notz (Euresearch Zurich) will take you through the procedure of application and proposal writing and will provide useful information on all administrative, organizational and procedural matters. In addition, we are very grateful that Prof. Shana Sturla (Laboratory of Food & Nutrition Toxicology, ETH Zurich), successful ERC Starting Grant holder, volunteered to share her experiences and learnings from her own ERC application. A detailed program of the event is attached to this email. We would like to close the event with a small networking aperitif, to which we would like to cordially invite all attendees.

Registration: Participation is free of charge. Please feel free to distribute to other interested women in research. For logistic reasons, we kindly ask you to register for this event. Please send an email to euresearch at sl.ethz.ch <mailto:euresearch at sl.ethz.ch>  with “ERC StG Information Event for Female Researchers” in the subject.

We are looking forward to seeing you there!

Your Euresearch Zurich Team

This event was initiated by the Coop-Peer-Action Group UZH.

Regina Notz PhD | euresearch zurich

International Research Programmes

University of Zurich | ETH Zurich

Moussonstrasse 2 | 8044 Zurich | Switzerland

euresearch at sl.ethz.ch <mailto:euresearch at sl.ethz.ch>

+41 44 634 53 59

http://www.euresearch.ethz.ch <http://www.euresearch.ethz.ch/>