[Equal] Doktoratsstelle in Wirtschaftsgeographie

Karin Schwiter karin.schwiter at geo.uzh.ch
Wed May 5 12:45:43 MEST 2010

Liebe Equals,

Anbei die druckfrische Ausschreibung einer Doktoratsstelle bei uns in der Wirtschaftsgeographie an der Universität Zürich. Auch wenn dies aus der Ausschreibung nicht explizit hervor geht, sind Bewerbungen von Forschenden mit Interesse an wirtschaftsgeographischer Geschlechterforschung sehr willkommen.

Mit besten Grüssen,
Karin Schwiter

--
Karin Schwiter
Oberassistentin / Lehrbeauftragte

Geografisches Institut
Universität Zürich
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH - 8057 Zürich

Tel. +41 44 635 52 14
karin.schwiter at geo.uzh.ch

http://www.geo.uzh.ch/en/units/economic-geography/about-us/staff/schwiter-karin

The Department of Geography, University of Zurich is advertising a

*PhD position in Economic Geography*

The successful applicant will be part of the Economic Geography Division and join a dynamic, internationally oriented research team. We are looking for candidates with research interests in the fields of Labor Geographies and/or Global Commodity Chains, and with ambitions to be present internationally (publications, conferences). Amongst your tasks will be the design and realization of a research project, limited contributions to our teaching program and participation in our regular administrative and research-related activities.

Applicants should have a Master degree in Human Geography, Sociology, Political Science or any other relevant social sciences discipline. We expect a good proficiency in English and experience with qualitative and/or quantitative methods.

We offer a stimulating and exciting work environment which provides plenty of opportunities to develop your academic career. Members of the research group profit from international contacts and opportunities to attend conferences and workshops. We expect the successful applicant to work on his/her own initiative and play a productive role in our team.

The position (50%; 40'200-46'200 CHF p.a.) is initially limited to three years with a possible extension of additional three years. If you are interested, please send a letter of application, a full curriculum vitae including two names of possible referees, one to two writing samples (20 pages max., e.g. chapter of master thesis), and a short outline of dissertation ideas by e-mail to Perscheng Assef (perscheng.assef at geo.uzh.ch). Please direct informal inquiries to Christian Berndt (christian.berndt at geo.uzh.ch).

*Closing date: 10 June 2010*