[Equal] WG: Sino Swiss Science and Technology: Call opening

Keller Seitz Monika (Prs) monika.keller at sl.ethz.ch
Mon Feb 10 08:28:13 CET 2014

Dear Sir or Madam:

Representing ETH Zurich as the Leading House and the University of Zurich as the Associated Leading House, I would like to announce that the 2013 Calls for Proposals for the Sino Swiss Science and Technology Cooperation program (SSSTC) are now open. The instruments covered under the SSSTC 2013-2016 are:

  *   Joint Research Projects (JRP)--- priority fields applied, managed by the SNSF (http://www.snf.ch/en/funding/programmes/bilateral-programmes/china/Pages/default.aspx);
  *   Stepping Stone Symposia (no priority field restriction, no deadline) and Follow-Up Workshops;

*         Exchange Grants (priority fields applied), deadline: March 30;

*         Research-innovation Communities (no priority field restriction) (RiC), deadline for pre-proposal: March 30;

*         Follow-up Grant.

For details of the program and application, please go to https://www.ethz.ch/en/the-eth-zurich/global/swiss-bilateral-programmes/China.html.

An agreement has been reach with the China Scholarship Council (CSC) to co-fund the SSSTC Exchange Grants. This agreement allows the SSSTC to award more EG projects as well as to lengthen the projects from 6-12 months to 6-24 months. Under this agreement, the Chinese candidates will have to submit applications to the CSC concurrently as the Swiss partners submit their applications to the SSSTC.

Should there be any questions on the program or its application, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
Maio Chen

ETH Zürich
Maio Su Chen, Ph.D.