[Equal] I, Scientist Conference on Gender, Career Paths and Networking, 20.-21.09.2019, Berlin

I Scientist Conference contact at iscientist.de
Tue Mar 5 10:27:26 CET 2019

Dear all,

we are delighted to invite you to the *I, Scientist conference on
gender, career paths and networking*, to be held on *20-21 September
2019 in Berlin.* Registration is now open via
https://www.iscientist.berlin/registration/.

The early bird deadline is May 20, 2019.

We still accept submissions for our call until *March 11, 2019*. Details
can be found at https://www.iscientist.berlin/speakers#2. All speakers
will have conference fees and travel costs reimbursed.

The conference is designed by and for students and young researchers in
the natural sciences and mathematics. Our mission is to *increase the
visibility of female and queer role models, introduce you to a variety
of career options, and give you a dedicated time for networking and
establishing useful contacts.*

Conference sessions will focus on *power abuse and harassment, being
queer in science, mental health, bias and stereotypes.*

To raise awareness of unconscious gender-based biases, detect obstacles
and find solutions regarding gender imbalance and combining family life
and a career, a dialogue between all genders is needed. Therefore, all
genders are welcome to attend!

Conference highlights include *inspiring talks by successful female and
queer scientists, various exciting networking events and a special
career speed dating event.* For more details please visit our website
https://www.iscientist.berlin/.

We are excited to meet you at I, Scientist 2019!

With best wishes,

the I, Scientist 2019 organizing team

https://www.iscientist.berlin/
https://www.facebook.com/iscientistconf/
https://twitter.com/iscientistconf

--
I, Scientist ist eine Tagung der Lise-Meitner-Gesellschaft für die Gleichstellung von Frauen in den Naturwissenschaften und der Mathematik inner- und außerhalb der akademischen Laufbahn e.V.

Margaretenstr. 29
10317 Berlin

www.lise-meitner-gesellschaft.de

Email: kontakt [at] lise-meitner-gesellschaft.de

Vorstand/Executive Board: Andrea Bossmann, Dr. Inga-Maria Eichentopf, Dr. Franziska Flegel, Maja-Olivia Lenz, Mara Oßwald, Dr. Katrin Reininger
Referent des Vorstands: Johannes Scheffen

Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Registernummer VR 35000 B.
Steuernummer: 27/671/56966