[Equal] Tagung I, Scientist zu Gender, Career Paths and Networking an der TU Berlin - Early Bird bis 20.5.

Andrea Bossmann bossmann at campus.tu-berlin.de
Sun May 12 21:43:46 CEST 2019

Liebe alle,

hiermit würde ich euch gern nochmal auf die I, Scientist conference on
gender, career paths and networking am 20.-21.09. an der TU Berlin
aufmerksam machen. Early Bird endet am 20. Mai.

Viele Grüße,

Andrea

*****

Dear all,

We are delighted to invite you to the I, Scientist conference on gender,
career paths and networking, to be held on 20-21 September 2019 at TU
Berlin. Registration is open via https://www.iscientist.berlin/registration/

The early bird deadline is May 20, 2019.

I, Scientist is designed by and for (PhD-) students and young
researchers. Our mission is to increase the visibility of female and
queer role models, introduce you to a variety of career options, and
give you a dedicated time for networking and establishing useful contacts.

Conference highlights include *inspiring talks by female and queer
scientists about their life and career paths*, various exciting
networking events and a special career speed dating event. Sessions will
focus on power abuse and harassment, being queer in science, mental
health, bias and stereotypes.

To raise awareness of unconscious gender-based biases, detect obstacles
and find solutions regarding gender imbalance and combining family life
and a career, a dialogue between all genders is needed. Therefore, all
genders are welcome to attend!

Many graduate schools, research clusters/centers, SFBs etc. have funds
available for promoting gender equality, which participating in the I,
Scientist Conference does qualify for. We would like to encourage
everyone to ask at their institution whether conference participation
can be reimbursed. Please let us know if you or your institution have
any questions and whether we could help.

We are excited to meet you at I, Scientist 2019!

With best wishes,

the I, Scientist 2019 organizing team
https://www.iscientist.berlin/
https://www.facebook.com/iscientistconf/