[Equal] New open professoral position at FGSE - UNIL - Lausanne

Lise Reymond lise.reymond at unil.ch
Wed Oct 14 09:02:45 CEST 2020

Dear Members,

The Faculty of Geosciences and the Environment (FGSE) of the University of Lausanne invites applications for a professorship in biogeochemistry of terrestrial ecosystems and environmental change, to be based in the Institute of Earth Surface Dynamics (IDYST).

We are looking for a soil biogeochemist with expertise on ecosystem-level biotic and abiotic mechanisms driving the elemental cycles in terrestrial environments. The ideal candidate will further a process- and/or model-oriented understanding of terrestrial environments and their response to human activities and climate change. We welcome candidates who wish to integrate new research and teaching perspectives into our existing programs.

The successful candidate will actively participate in the research activities of the Institute of Earth Surface Dynamics, will teach in the Bachelor of Geosciences and Environment and Masters programs taught by the FGSE, and will supervise masters and doctoral students.

Appointment will be at the Assistant Professor level (tenure track). However, exceptionally, we will consider outstanding candidates for direct appointment to the Associate or Full Professor level, notably if this corresponds with our equal opportunity objectives.

The application should be in English and include a cover letter (max 1 page), a full Curriculum Vitae, a research statement (max. 4 pages), a teaching statement (max. 2 pages), a list and links to the three most significant publications and a statement on the personal contribution to each, and the names and contact information of five referees. For further information, contact Prof. Frédéric Herman, Dean of the FGSE (frederic.herman at unil.ch)<mailto:frederic.herman at unil.ch)>.

Application deadline: 15th of December, 2020

(23:59 Swiss time GMT+1)

A full description can be found on the following link:  https://bit.ly/33x33qm

Or www.unil.ch/central/en/home.html  -> Careers at UNIL -> Emplois -> Postes ouverts -> English -> Keywords biogeochemistry  (or ad 16430)

best regards

Lise Reymond
Secrétariat du Décanat
Faculté des géosciences et de l'environnement
Bâtiment Géopolis - bureau 4608
1015 Lausanne

0041 (0) 21 692 35 00

www.unil.ch/gse<http://www.unil.ch/gse>

en télétravail le lundi et le jeudi, présente sur site les mardi, mercredi et vendredi.

absente le mardi matin et le jeudi matin