[Oberon] Re: USB support & digital camera

muller at inf.ethz.ch muller at inf.ethz.ch
Sun Jul 21 08:47:01 CEST 2002

"Peter Easthope" <peter_easthope at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca> wrote:
> So when the camera is connected, the UsbStorage
> driver is loaded and the camera is mounted on
> the filesystem, System.Directory should report the
> images as *.jpg (or some other format) files?

Ideally, that should happen.

> You use the USB drive as portable temporary storage
> because the memory in the camera is inadequate?

No, my camera only has a slow serial interface, but uses
removable SmartMedia flash cards, so I can remove a card
and stick it in the SmartMedia reader for fast transfer.

But like I said, unfortunately the current UsbStorage
driver doesn't recognize my reader.  I haven't checked
yet if Linux supports it, but if it does, it shouldn't
be too difficult to extend the driver.

-- Pieter

--
Pieter Muller, Computer Systems Institute, ETH Zurich / MCT Lab, Zurich
Native Oberon OS: http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/native/