[Oberon] test/confirm alpha 2001

cglur at onwe.co.za cglur at onwe.co.za
Tue Jul 23 15:41:43 CEST 2002

This bounced last time ?
"|/home/mailman/MLM/mail/wrapper post oberon"
    (expanded from: <oberon at inf.ethz.ch>)

Please, some users of n-o alpha (2001) do the following brief test:

1. Desktops.OpenDoc  GfxHowto.html  to open in the UserTrack

2. scroll down about 50%

3. Grow to full screen size.

Do you get (like me) ?

TRAP -14  NIL reference ( 00000000H ) (PC Native 11.10.2001)
TextGadgets.FrameHandler  PC = 24235
	F =  00187520H
	F0 =  00000000H
	L =  00000000H
	M =  00000040H
	M0 =  00000054H
	beg = 0
	end = 50
	id = 0
	pos = 0
	style =  00000000H
Documents.ToMain  PC = 4286
	F =  001873C0H
	Fdlink =  00185500H
	M =  00000058H
	Mdlink =  00185500H
	ox = 0
	oy = 0
	tx = 0
	ty = 0
Documents.Handler  PC = 10537

Thanks,
   Chris Glur.

PS. This is NOT a GfxHowto.html thing.
Other *.html (with live links) also crash.

PSS.  Ghost in the Machine wrote:
> A suggestion would be to unpack all those MODs into
> separate files on the FTP server in a directory for that
> purpose, one for each ARC or ZIP so that people like
> myself can grab just the MOD they need at the time and
> not wrestle with entire archives of source just to fix one
> MOD?

No !!
* Source modules are inter-related: by importing each other.
* Users who would want to look at and/or modify sources want several.
* Going online each time you want to fetch a *.Mod is impractical -
      uneconomical.
* Source1,2,3.zip are all sub-diskette size for 'portability'.
*  they are also arranged to cluster related-stuff together.

* This is another example where the multiple partitions is nice:
      I keep my Source?.zip and *.Mod in their own partition.

V24.Mod and its 'friends' are on Source1.zip.
Use Zip.Tool.