Re (3): [Oberon] connect to ISP via dialup PPP with BlueBottle, how ?

Edgar Schwarz edgar at edgarschwarz.de
Tue Jul 23 21:28:08 CEST 2002

Another bounce ...

Gérard_Meunier <gmeunier at club-internet.fr> wrote:
  > Would it be possible to get PPPPoE protocol implemented for ADSL
connections
  > too?
Sorry, not by me at the moment. I don't have a network at home yet. This
would be
necessary to test it. E.g. having a PPPoE server on a Linux machine for
testing
with another machine running Aos.
I had a glance at the PPPoE RFC and it seems that the main task would be
to replace
the layer which goes to the serial port and the dialing by the appropriate
Ethernet stuff. If somebody who's comportable with Ethernet programming
would
like to try it at least I could give some support concerning PPP if
there are
questions.
Otherwise my priorities are on DeltaV (RFC3253) at the moment for
collaboration and versioning on the web. If I manage it this should be
better than CVS.
In this context I have a plea to Peter: If you make a new regular NO
release don't
forget to include the XML stuff which already is in Bluebottle.
Without XML there can't be a DeltaV client for NO.
BTW, I will update my homepage concerning DeltaV real soon now.
You see, at the weekend I bought a Geforce4200 (Requested by the
children) and the
result was that my Linux partition didn't boot anymore (Aos was fine).
So it had some hours of troubleshooting (Because I maintain my webstuff
from Linux)
instead of doing something productive.

Cheers, Edgar