[Oberon] ZipTool.Extract ?

cglur at onwe.co.za cglur at onwe.co.za
Mon Jul 29 23:26:33 CEST 2002

peter_easthope wrote:
> Digression: I get error messages when
> extracting Source1.zip and Source2.zip
> for the latest alpha, 23.06.2002.
> Retrieved a 2nd copy of each and still
> got errors.  Source3.zip extracts OK.
>
> Has anyone extracted these two zip
> files successfully?

No.
Has ZipTool.Mod been modified since alpha 2001 ?
Thanks for 'walking in front to take the flack' for alpha 2002.

I don't remember having problems with ZipTool alpha 2001,
but now   ZipTool.Directory Temp.zip  ~ shows:
DUG_IDE.C
DUG_IDE.EXE
READ.ME
== OK

ZipTool.Extract Temp.zip  READ.ME ~ shows:
ZipTool.Extract Temp.zip
 READ.ME file encrypted / compression method not supported,
could not extract

File Temp.zip looks like standard PK-format:
" PK.......DUG_IDE.C....DUG_IDE.EXE.....READ.ME..."

Moving Temp.zip to Linux and applying: unzip Temp.zip ,
expands OK.   Why not ZipTool.Extract Temp.zip  READ.ME ~ ?

Does ZipTool.<command> handle non n-o file names ?

-- Chris Glur.

PS.
ZipTool.ExtractAll Temp.zip ~ shows:
ZipTool.ExtractAll Temp.zip
 DUG_IDE.C bad file name
0 files extracted, 1 errors

So I'm guessing that READ.ME can't be extracted because the
'bad file name': DUG_IDE.C  comes first ?

Again Zip.Tool , ZipTool.Extract  are 'inconsistently' named.