[Oberon] access COM4

cglur at onwe.co.za cglur at onwe.co.za
Tue Jul 30 11:20:22 CEST 2002

ghost wrote:

> Would it be possible to break out the V24.Mod from a working install of
> Alpha and email it to me as an attachment?  I should be able to snatch
> it from within Oberon Native/Beta and replace the non-working module
>  Y/N?

That might be the most practical, except:
  V24.Mod is text and doesn't need to be 'attachment',
  with n-o you can just compile and test run it straight in the received
     e-mail (best first save: System.CopyFiles V24.Obj => V24preCOM4.Obj ~)

Can you compile and test "hello world" yet ?
Can you read the tutors and cut and paste into your own notes ?

You should 'work in n-o' and just copy your file(s) to/from a FAT dir
for emailing, until you've got n-o email working; rather than
working in MS and just going to n-o to experiment.
Else stick to MS.

> Time flies when you're running in circles. ;-)

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

-- Chris Glur.

PS. with your views you might be very dissapointed with the n-o
e-mailing & News facilities.   All the background house keeping
facilities are missing.    You have to do much by hand - again, the
need for fast reflex mouse cording.   I've built some font-end utils.

I only use n-o e-mailing & News facilities, because the COMBINED
n-o system, especially its mouse cording text manipulation surpasses
any other system I know.  I.e. it's not e-mail or News facilities on
their own that matters, but how they integrate into an overall
text facility for the projects that they serve.  Work as a team.