[Oberon] install

Pat Hacker pat at picoworks.com
Tue Jul 30 17:30:43 CEST 2002

Hello

I'm new to this mailing list. As I've just installed Native Oberon 2.3.6 I'd
thought I'd add my comments to the forum.  Since I'm new, if any of my
comments are inappropriate for the list please don't hesitate to contact me
off line. Thanks.

I installed NO 2.3.6 on an Epox MVP4M/J with an AMD K6 500 MHz using VESA
2.0 1024x768.  The installation went amazingly well. After having been in
VGA purgatory with another community supported operating system this was
refreshing.

Unfortunately I have a DEC 2114x NIC and not a 3C 905B so Ethernet is not up
and running just yet. I greatly appreciated the files on the server  fitting
on diskettes thus allowing me to complete the installation.

Perhaps this is in the documentation somewhere and I just haven't discovered
it yet, is there a way to quickly map the import hierarchy for modules?
It's always nice to have a map when entering new territory.

Pat

Pat Hacker - pat at picoworks.com