[Oberon] RE: Oberon digest, 3button mice

Frank van Riet Fvanriet at spescom.com
Fri Aug 2 15:09:36 CEST 2002

Oh come now people. Do we realy need to go on and on about three button mice
?
(My arguments also extend to all of the other ranting about non-issues)
Oberon was and is about doing things differently. I've used (Native) Oberon
for the last
7 years and sure there is plenty to whine about in many areas. Open your
minds and concentrate
on the important issues here - the elegant design of most of the stuff
"under the hood" notably
the Oberon language itself.

Many of you don't seem to realise that Oberon is primarily a vehicle towards
language/operating system research - a role which it performs brilliantly.
Take some time to evaluate the wonderful concepts behind BlueBottle and stop
this infantile bickering about crap.

You can get used to the interface - just give it a chance - or don't and
sodd off. Lets rather
have some intelligent conversation here.

  Frank
Frank van Riet (Software Developer)
Datavoice  (Pty) Ltd
Snail mail	PO Box 582