[Oberon] unformatted text (and yes, more 3 but mouse)

Lisias Toledo lisias at unforgettable.com
Wed Aug 7 23:42:16 CEST 2002

Charles Angelich wrote:

> The display is not narrow, the formatting of the displays used by Oberon
> are too wide for the available displays.  HTML browsers can reformat and
> word wrap to various sized windows.  Try it sometime.

As a matter of fact, I have the same complain about it on mutt, pine and
others unix "standard" mail clients. A lot of mailing lists I bug 8-)
demands a 70, 72 or 80 columns formated mail... Funny, they did not even
agree with the column width... ;-)

I remember using Word Star 3 on CP/M, and IIRC that thing had word wrap.
I can't think on a good reason a 32 bits program can't do a job a 8 bit
Apple CP/M program did.

--
[]s,
(Pink at Manaus.Amazon.Brazil.America.Earth.SolarSystem.OrionArm.MilkyWay.Universe)

Bose-Einstein Condensation : A new concept on Software Development.