[Oberon] PPP login to my ISP

Charles Angelich cangelich at famvid.com
Fri Aug 9 15:56:01 CEST 2002

Native/Update/Beta 08.12.00
Installed within a DOS FAT file of 30 meg
Acccess via NOBOOT.EXE

The V24.Mod of this version does not support all four comports and my modem
is on
COM4.  As a temporary fix I changed this to COM1 and COM4 from COM1 and
COM2 since
the IRQ's are identical for COM2 and COM4 and recompiled V24.Mod.

It works, I can connect to local computer systems (BBS) using the
mini-terminal software
of NO-Beta.

The PPP login took awhile to get setup properly, more on that later, but
I've lost the
remmended commands required to transfer Oberon logs to a DOS file so that I
can send
the logs to Edgar Schwarz to interpret for me.  It looks, to me, that
either my ISP
is asking for a CHAP authentication or Oberon is mistaking something for
such a request.
I say this because I've always assumed my ISP used PAP and have
successfully connected
to this ISP when configuring other software to use PAP logins. :-)

I have left a message with my ISP and the sys-admin is going to either call
me or send
email verifying that either PAP or CHAP are used or possible both in an
either/or fashion?

Meanwhile I cannot get online using NO-Beta. :-\

Charles Angelich

The Ghost in the Machine!

DOS and W31 Tech website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost

Stories, poems, music, and photos website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost/faf