[Oberon] Program ? Texts.Replace(T, beg, end, Bufr);

cglur at onwe.co.za cglur at onwe.co.za
Fri Aug 9 23:08:15 CEST 2002

I can't see how to use the facilities of Texts.Mod to
   Texts.Replace(T, beg, end, Bufr);
because I can't see how to pre-load Bufr.

Watson shows:

(* Replace [beg, end[ of T with contents of buffer B. B is emptied. *)
	PROCEDURE Replace (T: Text; beg, end: LONGINT; B: Buffer);

Buffer ->  TYPE

    Buffer = POINTER TO BufDesc;(* Temporary container of text stretches. *)
	BufDesc = RECORD
			len: LONGINT;	(* # characters in buffer. *)
	END;

?! where is the 'container' of the char-stretch ?
And if the 'container' is inaccessible, where is the
procedure to insert to Buffer ?

-- Chris Glur.