[Oberon] slow progress

Charles Angelich cangelich at famvid.com
Sat Aug 10 04:42:32 CEST 2002

Hello All -

I'm slowly editing my Native/Update/Beta 08.12.00 Oberon FAT file install.

I've added the required commands to move files from DOS partitions to Oberon
and back to DOS again to my system track viewer System.Tool now so that I can
move messages posted here with suggestions to Oberon and use the cut-n-paste
of Oberon for any suggested changes I need to make within Oberon.

I have my modem working but did find that my ISP wants CHAP authentication
and not PAP as I had thought.  I've apparently been lucky.  I've setup DOS,
Windows 3.1, NewDeal, Linux, and others assuming they should do PAP and
somehow managed to get all of them to connect to my ISP. :-|

My installed version of PPP.Tool states that only PAP is supported.  Has
CHAP been added by anyone in a MOD file I can import and use for the
version I now have installed?  I would also like to use the newer interrupt
driven V24.Obj if possible.

If none of the above could anyone tell me what needs to be added to the
Alpha Install Oberon0.dsk image file to allow installing Alpha to a
DOS FAT file (loopback)?  I'm willing to give it a try but am not certain
what needs to be added to allow this option for Native/Alpha.

I'm slowly reading the "Companion" installed documentation files.  I found
a way to get beyond that compiler graphic in chapter 2 that locks the
scroll.  I use the MM to get an absolute position past the graphic. :-)

Charles Angelich

The Ghost in the Machine!

DOS and W31 Tech website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost

Stories, poems, music, and photos website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost/faf