[Oberon] Re: Oberon digest, Vol 1 #42 - 15 msgs

Charles Angelich cangelich at famvid.com
Mon Aug 12 08:02:42 CEST 2002

>Message: 1
>Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 12:46:56 +0200
>From: Edgar Schwarz <edgar at edgarschwarz.de>
>To: oberon at inf.ethz.ch
>CC: edgar at edgarschwarz.de
>Subject: [Oberon]  PPP + CHAP

[...]
>If it had in addition a means  to send me mail when
>  >> something was posted this would be great :-)
>  > My daughter does webdesign for a living and suggested that function.
>   > I will try to remember to ask her if it can be added.  I'm reasonably
>  > certain that it is a trivial additon.

>Would be nice. Would probably be something which the author of this
>would happily add to his distribution.

Not so sure about that.  If I get what you need it would only be for
your use.  She does this for a living which means distributing free
code would be unacceptable to her.

>  >> http://www.edgar-schwarz.de/wwwboard/ as a means to leave notes.
>  > I can't get much useful information from text in German
>  > I think any other useful information there would not be available to
>  > me.I would be contributing but not getting a great deal in return.  My
>  > time to read every website forum is limited.
>
>  > I will post a separate message with the "notes" I made about PPP.Tool
>  > text.

>Nevertheless I added your "notes" myself to the board. At the moment
>there will be my todo list.

Hope they help. :-)

>Concerning CHAP I guess Oberon has a grave problem. CHAP doesn't look
>that difficult to implement (For me at least), but as long as I don't
>have an ISP available to test it I see no chance for that.

I thought that might be the case.

You could email the code to me and I could test and run a log file
then send the log back to you?

I do a bit of programming in C and ASM but not in Pascal/Modula. :-\

I wrote a telnet terminal for DOS in C and ASM not long ago.

I can comprehend 75% of the Oberon programming code but the syntax
looks strange, at times, to me. Minor changes would be no
problem for me to attempt while testing.

Charles Angelich

The Ghost in the Machine!

DOS and W31 Tech website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost

Stories, poems, music, and photos website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost/faf