[Oberon] suggested code change

Stefan Salewski Salewski at PHYSnet.Uni-Hamburg.de
Wed Aug 14 19:36:01 CEST 2002

On 13.08.2002 11:08 Charles Angelich wrote:
> I have a suggestion for a minor code modification in
> System.Mod.
>Sytem.Directory *.Tool\D should look like
>
> ASCIITab.Tool
> 	 10.08.2002 06:33:25	  455
> Applications.Tool
> 	 10.08.2002 06:30:36	 5477
>
> From System.Mod source code:
>
> (* --- Toolbox of file system *)
>
>     PROCEDURE *List(name: ARRAY OF CHAR;  time, date, size:
> LONGINT; VAR cont: BOOLEAN);
>     BEGIN
>     	INC(count);
>     	Texts.WriteString(W, name);
>     	IF size # MIN(LONGINT) THEN
> NL->		Texts.WriteString(W, 0DX);
> NL->		Texts.WriteString(W, 9X); Texts.WriteDate(W, time,
> date); NL->		Texts.WriteString(W, 9X); Texts.WriteInt(W, size,
> 5); INC(total, size) END;
>     	Texts.WriteLn(W)
>     END List;
>
> Charles Angelich

Hello!

Dividing the output of "System.Directory * \D" is a good idea if
the width os System.Log is too small. But if the width is big
enough, then the output should not be divided in two lines.
So we have to determine the width of System.Log first, then
we have to test if one of the output-lines of System.Directory
is to long. Only in this case lines should be devided.

(I dont know were the width of System.Log is defined, sorry.)

Stefan Salewski