[Oberon] Re: Oberon digest, Vol 1 #45 - 6 msgs

Charles Angelich cangelich at famvid.com
Thu Aug 15 06:42:34 CEST 2002

>Message: 1
>From: Stefan Salewski <Salewski at PHYSnet.Uni-Hamburg.de>
>To: oberon at inf.ethz.ch
>Subject: Re: [Oberon] suggested code change
>Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 19:36:01 +0200
>
>On 13.08.2002 11:08 Charles Angelich wrote:
>> I have a suggestion for a minor code modification in
>> System.Mod.
>>Sytem.Directory *.Tool\D should look like
>>
>> ASCIITab.Tool
>> 	 10.08.2002 06:33:25	  455
>> Applications.Tool
>> 	 10.08.2002 06:30:36	 5477
>>
>> From System.Mod source code:
>>
>> (* --- Toolbox of file system *)
>>
>>     PROCEDURE *List(name: ARRAY OF CHAR;  time, date, size:
>> LONGINT; VAR cont: BOOLEAN);
>>     BEGIN
>>     	INC(count);
>>     	Texts.WriteString(W, name);
>>     	IF size # MIN(LONGINT) THEN
>> NL->		Texts.WriteString(W, 0DX);
>> NL->		Texts.WriteString(W, 9X); Texts.WriteDate(W, time,
>> date); NL->		Texts.WriteString(W, 9X); Texts.WriteInt(W, size,
>> 5); INC(total, size) END;
>>     	Texts.WriteLn(W)
>>     END List;
>>
>> Charles Angelich
>>
>Hello!
>
>Dividing the output of "System.Directory * \D" is a good idea if
>the width os System.Log is too small.

I didn't do it because the space was too small.  It displays all
over the screen and is difficult to read IMO.

>But if the width is big
>enough, then the output should not be divided in two lines.
>So we have to determine the width of System.Log first, then
>we have to test if one of the output-lines of System.Directory
>is to long. Only in this case lines should be devided.
>
>(I dont know were the width of System.Log is defined, sorry.)

As it displays now the dates don't line up and the sizes don't
line.  You didn't say WHY the lines should not be broken?  Any
particular reason you need just one line?

Charles Angelich

The Ghost in the Machine!

DOS and W31 Tech website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost

Stories, poems, music, and photos website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost/faf