[Oberon] Project Voyager ?

cglur at onwe.co.za cglur at onwe.co.za
Fri Aug 16 02:40:16 CEST 2002

Having been directed here, from this mailing list:

 http://www.statlab.uni-heidelberg.de/projects/voyager/

> Voyager  is  a  project  to  explore the feasibility of a portable and
>    extensible  system  for  simulation  and  data  analysis  systems.

I still don't see how this differs from S3, which is also a portable,
extensible system  for  simulation  and  data  analysis ?

Perhaps some project to which this is specifically aimed could be
listed to justify further investigation ?

I have long maintained that persons who have been long and
deeply involved in developing new 'systems' are unqualified to write
an introduction to their project.  For obvious reasons they can't have
an outsider's view.

-- Chris Glur.