[Oberon] columnar formatting re: TAB

Charles Angelich cangelich at famvid.com
Mon Aug 19 16:58:01 CEST 2002

Hello All -

After searching through many ETH Oberon Native modules to
correct the directory "\d" display for Oberon's one large
directory of files I am now wondering if the TAB char is
working properly within Oberon?

If the TAB char is dependent upon the Scn.Fnt libraries it
would seem that the whitespace being only one-half of a
full char would have an adverse affect on the TAB char?

For proper columnar alignment the TAB should be equal in
size to a full char, possibly the letter "A" or "H" (uppercase)?

I have not tracked this down as yet but I'm concerned that
other modules and future modules will be coded for half
sized TABs preventing the correction of this nonstandard
character within Oberon.

Any input on this would be helpful.

Charles Angelich

The Ghost in the Machine!

DOS and W31 Tech website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost

Stories, poems, music, and photos website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost/faf