[Oberon] W31 install of ETH Oberon 3

Charles Angelich cangelich at famvid.com
Mon Aug 19 17:16:40 CEST 2002

Hello All -

It appears that the W31 install of ETH Oberon 3 is no longer
being developed but I am using this version for comparison
to other installs here.  I do not expect anyone here to
be interested in updating the W31 version.

After installing this variant of ETH Oberon I must admit
it is much easier to use as a learning environment to make
the transition less awkward.  Being able to move from Oberon
to W31 and back again is quite convenient. :-)

I noticed that this 1997 version has Syntax#.Scn.Fnt and an
Arial#.Scn.Fnt missing from the ETH N-O Beta install.  I like
the Syntax font myself, and the Arial bold is definitely bold
as solid characters.

I also notice that Font.Default is a user option within the
INI file for W31 Oberon.  All versions of Oberon should
allow this as a user option IMO from within whatever version
of a configuration file that variant of Oberon makes use of.

If there are additional Scn.Fnt file that are not to be
included within the install of ETH Oberon they _should_
be available separately as addons for those who would prefer
a different font style IF the option to chose the Font.Default
was made configurable within Natve Oberon (it should be).

Charles Angelich

The Ghost in the Machine!

DOS and W31 Tech website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost

Stories, poems, music, and photos website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost/faf