[Oberon] ETH N-O Native/Beta directory display

muller at inf.ethz.ch muller at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Aug 21 19:04:05 CEST 2002

Charles Angelich <cangelich at famvid.com> wrote:
> 640x480 video display driver:
> System track = 36 Oberon10.Scn.Fnt chars
> User track   = 63 Oberon10.Scn.Fnt chars

Since Oberon10 is a proportional font it makes no sense to
count the number of characters.  Or did you mean Courier10?

> To increase the usefulness of the
> System.Directory display I have made the following changes.

Since 07.02.01, System.Directory on Native Oberon supports
additional flags.  This is currently only documented in
http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/native/WebAlpha.html, excerpt below:

Command line options on System.Directory: d for detail (time and
size), t for time, s for size, r for recursive into subdirectories, f
for fixed font and name first.

> Changes were required within Texts.Mod to the Writeint procedure
> to correct mismatched columns in the more complete directory display.

Not a good idea to make non-backward-compatible changes in a
low-level module.  Neither is field padding with a proportional font.

-- Pieter

--
Pieter Muller, Computer Systems Institute, ETH Zurich / MCT Lab, Zurich
Native Oberon OS: http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/native/