RX; (was [Oberon] Re: Oberon digest, Vol 1 #49 - 2 msgs)

peter_easthope at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca peter_easthope at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Thu Aug 22 17:57:33 CEST 2002

Charles & others,

ca> I don't quite understand your need to combine lines.

Yes; it was a trivial hypothetical example.
Here is a real example.

In a regular expression in Unix, the beginning
of a line is indicated by the character ^.
Thus, the regular expression for any line
beginning with "Begin" is "^Begin*" or possibly
"^Begin*$" (I've forgotten whether the end of the
line is specified).

RX.Tool in Oberon does not mention any means of
identifying the beginning of a line.  I thought
of 'RX.SetSearch  c "Begin" {~c} c'.  Logically it
should work for any line except the first but fails
apparently because it spans two lines.