[Oberon] Oberon FTP client

muller at inf.ethz.ch muller at inf.ethz.ch
Sun Sep 1 22:49:46 CEST 2002

Patrick.Hunziker at unibas.ch wrote:
> Strangely, all Oberon clients (FTP.Mod, FTPDocs.Mod) available to me (Windows
> Plugin Oberon 12/00 & 05/00, AosOberonSrc) work well if
> I access an Aos FTP Server or a Unix FTP server, suggesting that they correctly
> interpret RFCXXX.
> However, they both fail when I try to access Microsoft FTP Server (IIS 4.0, IIS
> 5.0).
> Is this a known incompatibility, and how to get around it ?

You do not mention how they fail.  Do you get an error code when connecting,
or is there a transfer problem?  Try executing FTP.OpenLog before FTP.Open
and see if any useful trace information is displayed.

There have been problems with past versions of Oberon FTP clients, specifically
with the last few bytes of a file being cut off.  In the latest versions on
Bluebottle and Native Oberon this is fixed.

In my experience the clients work well with the various Unix FTP servers we
use at the ETH.  I'm not aware of any Windows-based FTP servers here.

cheers
-- Pieter

--
Pieter Muller, Computer Systems Institute, ETH Zurich / MCT Lab, Zurich
Native Oberon OS: http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/native/