[Oberon] Native oberon usage outside of G7 societies.

Yuri M. Skripkah yurix at i.com.ua
Wed Sep 11 10:30:01 CEST 2002

Hello, Chris.

You wrote 10 сентября 2002 г., 20:18:23:

cocz> If you have native native oberon
Not at present. Now I have winoberon. I see bird at 20H, of course
cocz> Children would love to play with this.
Sure.
cocz> the problem is psycho-socio, not technical.
Sure,but:
I take, for example, Ukrainian: it has own Cyrillic glifs, which
I can draw, insert in some place in font. After that, I'll can typing
it down in texts, like Greek ang Math - ONLY! Ukrainian has DOS,
koi8-u and Unicode encoding for this glifs. And at least one must be
implemented, for sorting, ORD() and CHR() work etc. Without this
I can only write texts like comments - without ability to processing
it. And this is Cyrillic - left to right, 32 letters, punctuation mark
as in English...What about Japanese? I have poor English, but it good
enough for fun with S3. But everyday work need strong support for
lot of languages in software. As I know, M$ in windows haven't
absolutely all OK in this, with they resources.

Best regards,
 Yuri                          mailto:yurix at i.com.ua