[Oberon] Re: Multi Boot with BlueBottle and Win ME

Stefan Salewski Salewski at PHYSnet.Uni-Hamburg.de
Thu Sep 12 21:11:59 CEST 2002

Aubrey McIntosh wrote in comp.lang.oberon:

 > I was going to make a machine that is multi-boot with Win ME and
 > BlueBottle. A quick google search reveals many choices.  A few of
 > these have change logs that say, over and over again, ... many bugs
 > fixed ...
 >
 > What are some other people satisfied with?

Hello,

I use NT-Bootloader of Windows2000, because I need Windows2000, and
NT-Bootloader is the only one which can start Windows2000 for sure.

I think GNU-GRUB is a very good powerfull Bootloader, but still beta,
and not fool-proofed.  Linux Lilo should work too, not so diffical to
use as Grub, but not so powerfull. I am not sure if you can use Lilo
without a Linux installation. There is noboot.exe which can start
BlueBottle from DOS. This is what I read, not own experience. I would
prefer Grub, if there are no problems with Windows2000.

Best regards

  Stefan Salewski