[Oberon] Unicode

Patrik Reali reali at acm.org
Sat Sep 14 00:00:34 CEST 2002

> Peter and others,
>
> I believe BlackBox already has full unicode support so that
> a port from them should be easier than starting from scratch.

I did some experiments with unicode when building Jaos (a JVM on
Bluebottle). There is a module that perform convertions from UTF-8 and back
(I just don't remind the name at the moment). The modules for parsing XML
files also require UTF-8 capabilities, so you may find some code there too.

I'm thinking about supporting 16-bit chars directly in the Paco compiler.

-Patrik