[Oberon] 3C90x Media in Native Oberon

Stefan Salewski Salewski at PHYSnet.Uni-Hamburg.de
Tue Sep 17 18:33:26 CEST 2002

Stefan Salewski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed PC Native Oberon 24.08.02
> base system and try to configure Net-System
> to get additional packages with ftp.
> In the configuration of BlueBottle there was
> an entry 3C90xMedia="4", which was necessary for
> my ethernet-card. How can I select mediatype
> in PC Native Oberon 24.08.02 ?
>
> (I can not look at the source currently, because I
> have done only basic installation now.)
>
> Thanks
>
>   Stefan Salewski

Hello again!

After looking at the source of Net3Com90x.Mod I noticed that
there is a call of Kernel.GetConfig("3C90xMedia",str) at the end
of the module. I tried holding down a shift key while booting
from harddisk to interrupt the boot process and to enter
"3C90xMedia=4" at the bootprompt. Unfortunately interrupting the
boot process by pressing a shift key does not work on my
computer when booting from harddisk.

Does this work only when booting Oberon0 from floppy?

I have managed to get ethernet working by modifying module
Net3Com90x.Mod, but this is not a elegant solution.

Best regards

  Stefan Salewski