Re. [Oberon] A special case in treating Display.ModifyMsg

Josef Sedlacek sedlacek at swissonline.ch
Mon Sep 23 10:59:52 CEST 2002

Hi Chris

cglur at onwe.co.za wrote:

> Josef Sedlacek wrote:
> > This concerns the alpha version 01.10.11:
> > Let us consider for example a Desktops.DocGadget which is not on top in
> > a Panel (e.g. in Oberon.Desk). When using Desktops.ReplaceDoc (like in
> > Popups.Tool when hitting [ Popups | Applications | Documentation ]) or
> > tracking the gadget with middle mouse button but leaving it then on the
> > same place as before then the gadget is promoted to top (as you can see
> > in Finder) but is not redrawn there. The Display3.Mask is not ok.
>
> I didn't understand the above.
>
> I tried:-
> 1. MM/MR on Popups.Tool  ==
>     it's not type Edit.Open
> 2. Desktops.OpenDoc Popups.Tool   == looks OK

Please put another DocGadget in front of the Popups.Tool before executing
your step 3. Then you will still see Popups.Tool behind the DocGadget but in
the hierarchy Popups.Tool was already brought to the top as you can for
example see by checking Finder gadget. ( This all on a *.Desk)

> 3. / Applications    == looks OK
> 4. / Documentation    == looks OK
>
> Please define "tracking the gadget with middle mouse button".

this should mean simply moving a gadget with the mouse. The critical
situation arises if you move the surrounding rectangle but you leave it then
at exactly the same position as at the start of the tracking (moving).

This behavior does not disturb much during software writing. We had however
problems in the industrial environment.

Best regards

Josef Sedlacek
--
Company:  Radiar, Dr. J. Sedlacek, CH-7554 Sent
Tel: +41 (81) 860 06 60