[Oberon] My wrong guess was:(-i DIV j)=((-i) DIV j).

Stefan Salewski Salewski at PHYSnet.Uni-Hamburg.de
Mon Oct 7 22:37:29 CEST 2002

Willem Myburgh wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> According to Oberon EBNF:
>  SimpleExpr = ["+"|"-"] term {AddOperator term}.
>  term = factor {MulOperator factor}.
>  MulOperator = "*" | "/" | "DIV" | "MOD" | "&".
>
> It is clear from the EBNF that the term is first evaluated
> before the monadic minus sign is applied (for the expression "
> -i DIV j "): 1. term <- (i DIV j);
>  2. SimpleExpr <- (- (i DIV j))
>
> Regards,
> --Willem

Hello,

I must ask you all to excuse my mistake.
My wrong assumption was that (-i DIV j)=((-i) DIV j).
I have had the fix but wrong  belief that the monadic
 minus sign has precedance over DIV.

Best regards

  Stefan Salewski