[Oberon] Slim Binaries - what happened ?

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Mon Oct 14 15:26:40 CEST 2002

Hi Patrik,

thanks for:

> > As far as I understand, OMI is now history and not implemented in the
> > current ETH Oberon system, although it is referenced heavily in the
> > "Oberon Companion".
> >
> Correct.
>
> > If I understand the compiler genealogy
> > (http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/compiler/)
> > correct, I guess that OMI has never been updated to the "enhanced"
> > features Patrik Reali implemented. Is there any principle problem
> > with that ?
>
> [...]
>
> Anyway, this is still possible, and it would be interesting, to have
> somebody take over the OMI code and adapt it to the extended symbol table
> and parse tree used for active oberon.

that is very interesting to hear, although I fear that I will
have neither the time nor the abilities to care of such a project.

But maybe, we should cross-post this thread to comp.lang.oberon
to get a larger audience.
--
	Bernhard Treutwein
	Bernhard.Treutwein at verwaltung.uni-muenchen.de (work)