[Oberon] Re: Oberon digest, Vol 1 #98 - 3 msgs

John Drake jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 21 17:12:51 CEST 2002

To Chris,

If you are going to quote me in the future, be
accurate and quote me in context!

> An author from newsgroup:c.l.o suggested that I 'fix
> it'. This won't
> happen !
>
> I've made a 'work-around' to allow me to login {and
> my email is also
> half crippled}, but the update needs to be done
> correctly:
> 1. understand the applicable (if any) RFC.

And for some ODD reason you don't want to get off
your duff and read the RFCs for yourself!  I gave
you a link to one RFC on the subject.

> 2. publicly/open state the policy.

Edgar publicly stated that he's happy to receive
bugfixes for PPP.

> 3. iterate a sequence of modify-test runs over
> several ISPs.

Weren't you the one that went ballistic when I
suggested that you even contact your ISP?
Anyway, as I already said in comp.lang.oberon,
if you want to set up a "structured project"
then go for it!  Go to www.sourceforge.net
or some similair place.

> Are we going to fix it, or are we all going to
> migrate to M$ ?

Considering this problem only affects a few I
doubt it's going to make much difference with
regards to M$ vs Oberon.  Since you are the
one most affected by this you should take the
lead.  Read (carefully) the RFC I already
pointed you to.  Find other relavent RFCs
and read them.  (The RFC for PPP and PPPAuth
is available on the internet).

Regards,

John M. Drake