[Oberon] IRQ for Com ports

Derek Gardiner dergaruk at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 23 06:27:12 CEST 2002

Hi
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jacques Eloff" <eloff at cs.sun.ac.za>
To: <oberon at inf.ethz.ch>
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 9:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Oberon] IRQ for Com ports

> From what I've been able to find, its possible on some serial adapters,
but
> the majority don't support this type of functionality and will always
default
> to either IRQ3 or 4.

Thanks for the response, I have now found the answer to my problem (which I
failed to explain properly.)

I had installed the latest Alpha version of Oberon on an old PC with an
internal modem (not winmodem) this uses Com3 and IRQ5. it's this
non-standard IRQ setting that always gives problems.

The solution lies in V24.mod, right at the end of the code the IRQs are set,
all that was required was to change the IRQ for port 3 and re-compile the
module.

Once again thank you for taking the time to reply.

Regards

Derek Gardiner