[Oberon] BlueBottle: rebuild CD image; POST

mcintosh at vima.austin.tx.us mcintosh at vima.austin.tx.us
Thu Nov 21 03:59:17 CET 2002

Thanks,

I have added the chunker information to the POST exploration plugin
where it is generating the snoop reply.  That plugin also generates a
Cookie that tells the URLs that have been visited.  The new version
is updated on the web page.

The thing that confuses me is on the page called Submit, when I
attempt to post a large file.  A small text file uploads ok, both the
file name and the file contents appear to go just fine.

A larger file, such as a small document file from BlackBox, appears
to be truncated.  There is a discrepancy between the number of bytes
available and the Content-Length.  So I am reading and puzzling here.

For the project to go, I need to be able to upload some .gif or .jpg
images that may get large.

In planning for the future, I don't notice anything that I recognize
as "Riders" in the AosIO package.  It appears that I have to read
character at a time and handle them as they arrive.  The buffers that
are hidden down with the Receiver are not available (naturally).

I can encapsulate this and do as is my will, but I wonder if there is
a library component that does it already.

I will soon get into actual content production, and I comprehend the
SSMP approach pretty well.  As soon as I can have students upload
files, I think that I can do everything I need.

Is the Session Management/Dynamic Web
project at the point that it has stable documentation or interface?

-- Aubrey