[Oberon] Bluebottle Dec 31 build

Thomas Frey frey at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Dec 31 10:19:08 CET 2002

>     Thanks for the latest release of Bluebottle (Dec 31 2002).
>
>     I burnt a bootable CD. Bluebottle booted but the screen is just blank.
>
>     I recall that at the booting stage, I can drop to the console and play
>     with various booting parameters. Is the procedure documented somewhere
?
You can enter the boot console if holding the "SHIFT" key down while booting
(after the BIOS flashed the keyboard LEDs). (To set scroll lock is another
possibility).
If have a running NO or Bluebottle installation you can copy the "Init="
string etc. settings from there.
If not modified in the boot console, this CD assumes a working VESA 2.0
1024x768x16bit mode.

More info can be found
http://bluebottle.ethz.ch/faq.html
question 7