(Re: [Oberon] Programming Editor) & etc.

peter_easthope at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca peter_easthope at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Thu Jan 23 04:02:38 CET 2003

Sorry if this mixture of topics is incongruous.

Wednesday, 2003-01-22 Aubrey McIntosh enquired,
ami> In the S3 environment, the Edit viewer ...

Aubrey, what about ET ... and is Pet still in
use?

In PC Native 24.08.2002 my Oberon.Text:System:
InitCommands contains "ET.ReplaceSystemEditor"
yet MM+MR on a file name opens Edit.  Do I have
something configured incorrectly; is this a
repaired bug or a pending repair?

Friday, 2002-07-19 Chris Glur suggested,
cg> You shouldn't try writing video drivers
before doing simpler experiments.  Use
successive refinement.  After you've done
RS232 and UBS 'experiments' you will better
cope with a video driver.

A reasonable suggestion, although I have no
USB hardware yet.

I spent a good part of the Christmas break
studying RFCs and Edgar's PPP modules.  It
was a good learning exercise and this system
can now connect to the GulfNet Vicom router
once again.

Thursday, 1999-05-06 Chris Glur remarked,
cg> The real limitation is getting
documentation for the ever increasing mass
of software.

Thursday, 2002-09-05 Pat commented,
p> For a programmer the source code is the
documentation.

There is truth in both of these statements.
I appreciate Edgar's nicely written sources
and wouldn't want to be without the RFCs
as well.

                  ... Peter E.