[Oberon] Ram & processors

Gérard Meunier gmeunier at club-internet.fr
Mon Feb 3 00:13:00 CET 2003

>From: Patrik Reali
> The number of free pages can be asked with AosMemory.GetFreeK. This pages
> are used for stacks and heap.

Ok. I begin to understand. I'll try to summarize. At the start, only a small
heap is allocated. This heap, when full, will grow and never shrink. The
AosHeap.GetHeapInfo procedure gives data about the allocated heap, whereas
AosMemory.GetFreeK gives informations about the yet non-allocated memory,
which is divided in two areas: the low memory, below 1Mb (640 kb, more
precisely), and the high memory, above 1 Mb. These free pages may also be
allocated temporarily to the stack(s). So, your freeMemory procedure gives
exactly what I need.

What I don't understand is the difference, in the GetFreeK procedure,
between the "total" parameter and the sum "low + high". Their values are not
equal. Why?

Regards.

Gérard