Re (4): [Oberon] PPP

peter_easthope at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca peter_easthope at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Fri Feb 14 04:30:09 CET 2003

Edgar & Chris,

es> So the question would be whether Chris could trace PPP and get some log
which shows this going down.

Chris, before collecting the log you might
compile in my modification which numbers
frames.  This will allow any discussion, between
you and Edgar for example, to refer to "frame n".
That should be easier than saying "Look at the
frame containing this hex string '...'".
I don't remember which module but it is
described in my PPPnotes Web page.

es> Then I could find out
perhaps where some action is missing.

Edgar, are you hypothesizing that somewhere
near the end of the session PPP should
reset the modem and then relinquish the
serial port?  Presumeably the modem reset
would be done by a counterpart of Dialer.Dial;
Dialer.Hangup or Dialer.Close?  Then the
serial port would be relinquished by the
hypothetical uninstall procedure which
is absent from NetBase?

Regards,    Peter E.

Peter Easthope   http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/