[Oberon] Version control

Felix Friedrich friedrich at gsf.de
Mon Feb 17 16:13:48 CET 2003

Hello everybody,

I have a problem that probably most of you would consider as "standard"
but, still, I have no solution. I have been an Oberon programmer since some
years now and have been working in cooperation with other people, we have
written some packages together and up to now did the version control by
hand, i.e. mainly by oral agreements. Now I am confronted with the
situation that more and more people are working with some of the modules
and sometimes extend them or correct errors or simply add new capabilities
to them. More or less regularly I have to synchronize the versions which
will become a problem soon since even more of us are becoming Oberon users.
Does anyone of you have an automatic version control for Oberon (with
logging in / out etc.)? Or maybe some of you can write some practical
experience with Oberon-Version control?
We are working with the PlugInOberon under Windows, the Linux-Version and
(still experimental) with Bluebottle.

Felix

Felix Friedrich

Institut für Biomathematik und Biometrie
GSF - Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, GmbH
Ingolstädter Landstraße 1, D-85764 Neuherberg

Tel:      ++49 89 3187 2436
email:  friedrich at gsf.de