[Oberon] Version control

John Drake jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 17 19:16:54 CET 2003

Hello Felix,

As you may be aware there are two version control
programs written for Oberon System 3, VCS and DAV.
Both were written by Edgar Schwarz.  VCS works
nicely, but it's single user.  I believe DAV
is still under development.  Last I heard the
"versioning" part was not complete because the
WebDAV protocol itself has not finalized this
part.  But I recall that someone was using DAV
in it's present state.

Also I noticed that there is now a module
CvsClient.Mod in the latest Native Oberon
distribution.  See:

http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/native/WebAlpha.html

However when I downloaded it I found that all
this does in it's current state is convert
a System 3 Text file to an ASCII file and
vice versa.  I'm not sure what's involved
with creating a full CVS client, though this
would be nice for using Oberon with
SourceForge.