[Oberon] load statement in Scheme Library

peter_easthope at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca peter_easthope at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Wed Feb 26 20:18:48 CET 2003

Oberoners,

In Vinci.Text under "Appendix B - Scheme library"
is "load(string)	read expressions and definitions
from file with given name	any".

I have a Vinci script containing
load("Dimension.Vinci");
as the first line.  Interpretation of the
script yields an error message indicating that
the functions defined in Dimension.Vinci are
not available;  I concluded that Dimension.Vinci
failed to load properly.  If Dimension.Vinci
is loaded by "VinciDocs.Open Dimension.Vinci"
then subsequently the functions in
Dimension.Vinci are available to another script.

I wonder whether load needs a second argument;
ie. whether "load(string)" is correct in
Vinci.Text.  Does anyone have enough
understanding of Vinci and Scheme
interpretation to help with this? (After
an hour or so studying Vinci.Mod and
Scheme.Mod I have only very sketchy ideas.)

Thanks,  Peter E.

        http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/