[Oberon] painfull edit/compile/run cycle !

Douglas G. Danforth danforth at greenwoodfarm.com
Fri Feb 28 21:04:42 CET 2003

eas-lab at absamail.co.za wrote:
> Now I remember why I considered n-o edit/compile/run cycle
> very non-productive.
>
> How do I identify a module's callers, so that I can
> System.Free <client-list> , instead of  rebooting
> for each edit/compile/run cycle  ?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> -- Chris Glur.

"rebooting"!?

I usually create a file with a list of all the modules that are being
used for the current project on which I am working.  The list is ordered
from no dependency to maximum dependency so that System.Free <selection>
will free all the working set modules.  I know the dependency since I
created the project. Some versions of free (Browser.Free?) do the
ordering for you.

Would that solve your problem?

-Doug