[Oberon] Last MS OS?

Douglas G. Danforth danforth at greenwoodfarm.com
Wed Mar 5 18:51:01 CET 2003

Folks,
I thought the Bluebottle community might find this interesting.
-Doug

Stop the madness. Posted by [FRAG] Lostman
on March 5th, 2003 at 12:08PM ET

I'll admit, XP is the best thing to happen to MS on the OS front. It's
finally stable and I don't have to look at blue screens. A far cry from
WinMe (what a joke that was). I look at all the "features" they are
adding to Longhorn and all I see is eye candy. Is it me or are they
dumbing down this OS? They want to change the file system so the OS can
put files where it wants? I think history has shown us what happens when
an MS OS takes charge of things. Anybody go to Windows Update lately?
Everytime I go back there's a new security fix. And with this background
indexing always going on, I'm using CPU power that I don't need to use.
With the current file system I can open explorer and orginize everything
in my own "Common Sence" manner. MS has no common sence. Where are they
going to put my files? Anybody try using the search feature in XP? It's
like trying to hack into the CIA website. Imagine having to do that to
look for that important doc that you can't remember the name of, but
Longhorn hid somewhere for you.

I think XP will be my last MS OS that I take part in. If Linux could
support games and have a good win emulator for Photoshop and other
needed progs I'd be in heaven. Better yet, let's get Mac's OSX ported
over to x86.