Re (4): [Oberon] Win32 Plugin Oberon, status report II

Edgar at EdgarSchwarz.de Edgar at EdgarSchwarz.de
Thu Mar 20 01:28:19 CET 2003

John Drake <jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > The difference is in assignment compatibility I
> > guess. With delegates
> > prodecures with 'different' signatures are
> > compatible because the implicit
> > object parameter a method has isn't compared so you
> > have more flexibility.
> Hmmm...ok.  So basically it gets you away from
> having to have a single type hiearchy?
I'm not sure whether I would say it like that.
Talking about having a different type hierachy I probably would reserve for
Interfaces (See Bluebottle Paco = PC.Compile)
BTW, I just learned from Patrik that already NO November 2001 knows about delegates.
So AosIO.Mod also for Native can simply use this feature and the problem is gone.
  Sender* = PROCEDURE {DELEGATE} (...
  Receiver* = PROCEDURE {DELEGATE} (...
Hey, why didn't I just come up with this idea myself and try it without
bothering you :-(

Cheers, Edgar

--
edgar at edgarschwarz.de                  "http://www.edgarschwarz.de"