Re (4): [Oberon] Win32 Plugin Oberon, status report II

John Drake jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 16:48:26 CET 2003

--- John Drake <jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Then the Plugin Oberon compiler and the Native
> Oberon compiler are out of sync (* sigh *).
> Since both of these compilers basically have
> the same job (compiling N.O. code on an
> Intel platform) I wonder if fixing this is
> as simple as copying the compiler from N.O.
> into P.O.?  Of course when the Active/Plugin
> Oberon port gets finished this will be a
> moot point.

Ok.  I downloaded the Native Oberon source
files from:

ftp://ftp.inf.ethz.ch/pub/ETHOberon/Native/Update/Alpha/

Then I extracted the compiler files under
Plugin Oberon, recompiled and tested them.
Now I've got DELEGATES under Plugin Oberon.
So I guess it's back to the drawing board
on my XML port. *LOL* I'll redo this as
I have time.

That reminds me, it seems that we need a
better way to keep source synched across
builds.  At the very least if the compiler
files were kept in a seperate Zip archive
and there was a weblink saying "click here
for the latest Intel compiler"?  Or perhaps
something more sophisticated that updated
each system source file (Plugin, Native,
Linux)?  I don't know.  There's got to
be a better way than trial and error.

Regards,

John M. Drake